Clean & Safe
The World Health Organization has declared the Coronavirus causal agent of COVID-19 as an international public health emergency. To avoid risks and infections, ensuring the existence of an internal protocol that defines the necessary prevention, control and surveillance procedures, this establishment declares to comply with the requirements defined by Turismo de Portugal, according to the guidelines of the Directorate-General for Health, which allow you to consider it a HEALTHY & SAFE Establishment.
"The BarataHotels group, RNET nº 3067, registered its declaration of compliance with the rules that allow it to advertise itself as a Healthy & Safe Establishment valid until April 30, 2021." - Turismo de Portugal
Training for all employees
All employees received specific information and / or training on:
- Internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- How to comply with the basic precautions for prevention and infection control in relation to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the procedures:
- Hand hygiene: wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70º of alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them until they are dry.
- Respiratory etiquette: coughing or sneezing into the flared forearm or using a tissue, which should then be immediately thrown away; Always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing and after blowing; Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
- Social conduct: change the frequency and form of contact between workers and between them and customers, avoiding (when possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared jobs, face-to-face meetings and sharing of food, utensils , cups and towels, comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever (measure body temperature and record the measurement time and value), check for cough or difficulty breathing and comply with the guidelines of the General Directorate of Health for cleaning surfaces and treatment of clothes in the establishments.
The Hotels has
- Personal protective equipment in sufficient number for all workers
- Personal protective equipment available to customers (maximum capacity of the establishment).
- Stock of single-use cleaning materials proportional to their dimensions, including single-use cleaning wipes moistened with disinfectant, bleach and alcohol at 70º.
- Dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution near the entry / exit points, and whenever applicable by floor, at the entrance to the restaurant, bar and common sanitary facilities.
- Waste container with non-manual opening and plastic bag.
- Place to isolate people who can be detected as suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19, which should preferably have natural ventilation, or mechanical ventilation system, and have smooth and washable coverings, bathroom, stock of cleaning materials, surgical masks and disposable gloves, thermometer, autonomous waste container, waste bags, used clothing collection bags, kit with water and some non-perishable foods.
- In the sanitary facilities equipment for washing hands with liquid soap and paper towels.
The Hotels ensures
- Washing and disinfection, in accordance with the internal protocol, of the surfaces where employees and customers circulate. ensuring the control and prevention of infections and resistance to antimicrobials.
- Cleaning, surfaces and objects in common use several times a day (including counters, light and elevator switches, door handles, cabinet handles).
- Wet cleaning should be preferred over dry cleaning and vacuuming.
- The air renovation of rooms and enclosed spaces is done regularly.
- The disinfection of the swimming pool or other equipment existing in SPAs / wellness areas (whenever they exist), is carried out as defined in an internal protocol.
- The disinfection of the jacuzzi (whenever it exists) is done regularly with the discharge of all water followed by washing and disinfection; later it is filled with clean water and disinfected with chlorine in the appropriate amount, according to the internal protocol.
- In the areas of restaurants and beverages, the reinforcement of the cleaning of utensils, equipment and surfaces is avoided as much as possible the direct manipulation of food by customers and employees.